Monday, June 05, 2006

Can You "Seldom" Someone In Heaven?

I was lucky enough to be the younger sister of John Gregory Knapp. By lucky I mean:

1.) Getting farted on.
2.) Getting tackled at random moments.
3.) Listening as he told my new boyfriend that I was born with poop on my head.
4.) Being anywhere near is vinegar feet.
5.) Seeing him walk around in my apartment in his long underwear that had holes all over the place and weren't really serving the purpose since he complained that it was "drafty".
6.) Being the victim of the horrifying "SELDOM!!!"

This ultimate insult started with my brother-in-law, Daryl Kramer, who thought it was funny to run finger under our noses and saying "seldom" The four younger Knapp children carried on this tradition all throughout our lives and even passed it on to nieces and nephews. Some of us have even carried the tradition on to our significant others.

Ahem, Katie and Isacc. What is the word Isaac used when he tried to seldom you, Katie?

So, when you are seldomed, it is your duty to get that person back. It might not be the same day, week, or even month. It might be six months down the road at Thanksgiving dinner. You sneak up on them while they're eating and sneak in with a seldom attack.

I was still waiting on my sneak attack on John. I was waiting for the perfect moment, like at mom's house during dinner with his new girlfriend. I will have to wait until I meet up with him in Heaven. John will be reaching out to hug me and I'll do a fake hug move and get him under his nose. "SELDOM!!!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

The word Isaac used was "vintage". Followed by an array of other words: sometimes, always, never...

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home