Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How I really feel...No tough guy act.

When everything is wrong, we move along.
When all you got to keep is strong, move along.
Move along like I know you do.
And even when your hope is gone, move along.
Move along just to make it through.

"Move Along" by The All-American Rejects came on the MTV hit list while I was at the gym last night. I usually don't like this video because I think the video is retarded. But when it came on yesterday I decided to close my eyes and just listen to the music. It spoke to something deep within my soul. The truth of the statements. No matter what happens in life, all you can do is move along. Mentally, I have been standing still and even moving backwards. I enjoy being single to the extent that I have no one to live for but me, no one is hurting me on a daily basis or pissing me off. I can do what I want whenever I want and I don't have to answer to anyone. If I want to stay out all night drinking and then sleep in and watch Sex & The City, I can. I can go hang out with a guy friend and not have to accusations of me sleeping with him, when all that's going on is friendship. The only thing I miss is being loved, having that one person who loves you more than anything. Being number one in someone's life. I met this guy and we've been talking and hanging out a little bit and he asked me last night why I wasn't married. I answered, because I'm only 22 and I haven't met anyone I want to marry yet. Then he asks me why I'm single because I'm so pretty and nice and funny (obviously, he doesn't know me that well yet) and he's surprised someone hasn't snatched me up yet. I took that with the usual grain of salt guy comment, a corny compliment that doesn't mean shit to me. I'm single because I'm picky. I want someone who makes me laugh, who has a good heart, who wants to get to know my friends and family, who's a fucking man and will stand up for his opinions and beliefs, and you know what? I haven't fucking found that yet. So I'm still single.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home