Friday, April 28, 2006

A Tribute To Nicotine Rage April 26, 2006

I have experienced my first outburst of "Nicotene Rage". I want to apologize to any poor soul to whom I lay this rage on to next. Please be aware that it is not coming from me. It's like the rage that comes out when a woman is on the rag. You can go from smiles to pissed off in a matter of seconds and you have no idea why. Around 2:30 this afternoon I got my first urge for a cigarette. It came out of nowhere. Just sitting here doing my work "doo, doo, doo...I should go have a smoke..." Then I remind myself that I am no longer a smoker. "No problem...doo, doo, doo...back to work I go..." At exactley 3:19 p.m. the office phone rings "This is Tara!" I say with a smile on my face and some fuck hangs up on me. I do my usual "What the..." and hang up. Then 3:20 p.m. rolls around and my extension rings. I look at it and think "It better not be another fuck hanging up on me" (my coworkers find it humerous to call and hang up on me). "This is Tara" I say without a smile and a "Don't fuck with me" voice. Low and behold it is Chad Shafer...yay...So here he goes telling me about this girl he met who has an older sister who says she used to baby sit John, Katie, Gregory, and I when we first moved to Alaska and blah blah blah. Hello, black out nicotene rage:

"I was five when we moved to Alaska and my parents had just gotten divorced. I remember having a babysitter but in the state of mind I was in at that age and the trauma I was going through, you can hardly expect me to remember the name of a babysitter I had EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO!!! I know you may think it's a good idea to call me up and bullshit and hey, I don't usually mind it, but the last thing I want to hear WHILE I'M AT WORK is my EX OF TWO YEARS WHO BROKE MY HEART tell me about some chick he met. I have work to do and I don't have the time nor the wanting to talk about your new prospects with you!"

"Okay...I'll let you go then...have a good day at work..." Chad says and I hang up.

I slapped on a nicotine patch after that. I've gone cold turkey for almost three days. It's time for a little help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home