Monday, September 10, 2007

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it...

I have been having a little bit of a rough time at work. I am working for a very big association and I'm afraid I'm having trouble fitting in, something I have never had trouble with before. My supervisor has asked me if I was always this quiet. I have also never been accused of being quiet. Upon hearing this I seemed to withdraw more than I was before. I have landed an excellent job and I am afraid to lose it. I think this is where my fear is coming from. Please pray for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

I'll be praying for you today Tater! Adjusting to a completely new environment and people is always a little tough. But try to stay focused on what's important there. When I have started new jobs, I've always been pretty nervous and lack confidence. But what I try to do is focus less on myself and insecurities, but more on "how can I make myself invaluable to this company and my boss?" That takes the focus off of my and my "feelings" and more on the doing a really good job and learning all the new things and getting GOOD AT WHAT I DO! That always works! And for you I think you're at an age when you're finding out who you really are, you've had a lot of fun in your early adulthood, you've had terrific loss in your life, and now you're settling down and finding out what's really important. And your new job is an important step in asll of that. I don't think for one moment that this job didn't happen for a reason. And so now it's up to you to be thankful for it, as you've said, and just go for it! Put all that excciting energy into this stage of your life. I don't know if this is helpful, but I will keep you in my prayers and can't wait to hear good news about how you're getting along! Thanks for sharing Tater!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Tater. I will certainly be praying for you also. Hang in there. Just keep doing a good job and don't worry so much about the interpersonal stuff. Also, try to keep that pretty smile on your face, and you'll make it through.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home