Saturday, June 09, 2007

A trip down Dimond Blvd. June 4, 2007

Today marks 30 days at my new job in Fairbanks and 35 days since my move to Fairbanks. My payrate was increased to $16.00 an hour today and I only have one more month until I'm at my $18.00 an hour rate that I left in Anchorage. I have been working as a cocktail waitress at the Malemute Saloon in Ester which is a town about ten miles from Fairbanks. The tourist season opened May 25 and I have been cocktailing four days a week ever since. I absolutely LOVE this job. I only work 2-3 hours a night and take home anywhere from $25-$65 in tips on top of my $10.00 an hour wage. I don't regret my decision to move to Fairbanks at all. I have made a very good friend here: Ms. Charlottee Treakle. We met while I was working at the beer shack at the Salmon Bake before the Malemute opened. I can't explain how great it is to have a female friendship when you're in a town where you know no one except for your boyfriend and his friends.

My sister, Patty, and my nephews, Kyle and Kobe, came to visit this weekend. It really made me realize how much I miss Anchorage and all my friends and family. I have felt a little meloncholy this morning while reminscing all the things I took for granted during my every day life in Anchorage.

For example:

1.) Going to The Perfect Cup for chicken salad sandwiches with Melinda and Stinky Butt.

2.) BBQ chicken pizza and raspberry wheet bear from The Moose's Tooth.

3.) Playing "DRINK" with Cari, Drew, and Jeremiah.

4.) ALL of the various apartments I lived in across Dimond Blvd.

5.) Thirsty Thursday with Kristina.

6.) Gin and tonics with Terry.

7.) Making fun of Courtney's boyfriend, Sean, by saying he LOVES the cock.

8.) Home cooked meals at Momma Knapp's and Momma Rahoi's.

9.) Hanging in the garage with Momma Tirapelli.

10.) Weekends at Patty's house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

One of the things I miss about Anchorage is driving through the 68th intersection on Lake Otis. Whenever I do I always remember how we used to go and visit Mom there when she lived in Chrissy's old apartment.

I also miss trying on vintage clothes at all of the different antique shops.

I miss being only a few minutes away from the McHugh Creek trail where sometimes you're sitting watching the water and look up to see a sheep on the next ledge.

I miss riding my bike on all the trails around UAA.

I miss being totally poor yet always having enough...

Now you've made me all nostalgic!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home