Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saying Goodbye May 1, 2007

I have often wondered why saying good bye is the hardest thing to do. It dawned on me today that too often we are saying good bye to someone that we don't want to say good bye to. There's nothing you can do when you are forced to say good bye. You know that the pain will eventually fade and it won't always hurt as much as it did today. You yearn for the days when it will be better and then you wonder if you will actually get over this person or have you just learned to live with the fact and you are now numb to the pain? More often than not I find myself blaming God for this pain, and if God with all his mighty power cannot bring this person back to me, is he worth believing in? Why would God have me meet this person and grow to love this person if they were to be eventually taken away? Why love at all if all you feel is hurt when it's over? There is supposed to be some "lesson" in all this pain, but all I feel is pain and I have no idea what lesson could possibly come of this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Tara - we have to remember that of all the people in the world, Jesus suffered the most pain of all - and He is God's son! God let his own son suffer terribly in order to let us have a chance at a life much better than this one can ever be. Reminds me of some verses of Amazing Grace that I was reading the other day:

"The earth shall be dissolved like snow,
The sun shall cease to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Shall be forever mine.

"And when this mortal life shall fail,
And flesh and sense shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil
A life of joy and peace."

There will be a time when our earthly hearts stop beating, and our earthly lungs stop taking in air, but if we know the Lord, it will be a great time for us - a time of homecoming. And maybe even then we won't have all of the answers we ever wanted, but in the meantime we can't forget to have faith and remember the love that brought Jesus to the cross for us.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

I found a poem that seemed to answer your question a little bit.

"Deem not the just by Heaven forgot!
Though life its common gifts deny,—
Though, with a crushed and bleeding heart,
And spurned of man, he goes to die!
For God hath marked each sorrowing day,
And numbered every bitter tear,
And heaven's long years of bliss shall pay
For all his children suffer here."

William Cullen Bryant

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home