Thursday, November 08, 2007

These are some of the people I am giving up my addiction for...
*They are in no particular order.

My parents, Donna Mihm and Greg Knapp (unpictured). They have been my strength.

My best friend, Melinda Thoerner, of 18 years. Her ability to believe in me no matter how many times I fall.

My niece, Melina Thoerner. A child who I want to make a good example for.

My family (and part time co-workers) in Fairbanks: Harold, Josh, Jake, and Daniel. They have my back and are always there to help if I need to talk.

My little brother, Gregory, who is going through a difficult time as well and I'm hoping I can show him the strength I have to overcome an addiction to empower him as well.

My older sister, Katie Martin, who prayed with me and showed me the road to God in my darkest hours. My older sister, Patty Kramer (unpictured), who always told me things would get better even when I didn't think they would.

My niece, Miranda Johnson, so I can show her that life isn't about "partying." Even though it may seem like that while in high school.

My older brother, John Knapp, who is watching me from heaven and cheering me on.

My nephews, Kyle and Kobe Kramer, who have lost so much in their life that I cannot bear to live my life in a way they might lose me too.

My nieces, Jolie and Sophia Martin, who are so young and look at me with those adoring eyes. I would never want to be any kind of person that would make them look at me any different way.


The love of my life, Daniel Stephens, who has the amazing ability to love and forgive me. I want to show him that I can better myself.

Myself. I want to prove to myself that I can be a fun loving person without alcohol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice! It will be worth it in the end.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Sweetie. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work--a day at a time. Love you--Mom

4:17 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I have looked at your blog for a few weeks, and my goodness! Much has been happeening! I am so proud of you too as I know so many of the people who love you the most are! Tara--just hang on and find that person to call when the going gets tough. You are an amazing woman going through the toughest of life situations--but you're very strong--much stronger than you think--anb YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT. I saw below that you have given your life over to the ONE and only One who can take your burdens and give you peace. And this blog was beautiful--you showed exactly what is important in your life. You are tired of living in the past habits and in weakness, and are going forward to become the woman GOD wants you to be--FREE from the things that are vying for control--wow--I am impressed and am praying for you.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home