Monday, September 24, 2007

After writing my last blog I looked online for a church in Fairbanks. I found a website for a church named Journey Christian Center. They have an online prayer request and I submitted the following prayer Request:

Prayer Request: I am new to Fairbanks. I have been struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. I plan to attend Journey Christian Center this Sunday for the first time. Please pray for my strength to go on my own and rebuild my relationship with the Lord.

I received the following reponse:

Tara,

I look forward to meeting you. I will pray that you begin a path of recovery from your addictions. It may be a long hard road but I think you'll find it's worth it to be free. Have a great day.

Derek Dickinson
Minister

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Tara, I'm so glad you're going to try it out. Please let us know how you like it. Glad you're on your way up :)
P.S. Congratulations on our new niece. Isn't she adorable?

9:42 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Hi Tater! I'm so proud of you girl wonder! What you're doing is the BEST...you're going to be able to help others along as they help you. Love, B

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara--I'm really proud of you for doing this. Love you--Mom

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara ~

I came across your BLOG by chance (?) tonight and saw that you are in recovery and were looking for a church in Fairbanks.

Have you heard of Reformers Unanimous??? It's an awesome Bible-based recovery program that meets every Friday night at Bible Baptist Church, 32 Adak, at 7:00 PM. Call 451-RU4U if you need someone to talk to. It's a GREAT program!!! I hope and pray you will try it. A wonderful support group.

Sue

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home