Tuesday, November 13, 2007

BRING BACK BILL!

Three days before tryouts, Roosevelt High School decided not to renew my brother-in-law, Bill's, contract. We all knew this day was coming but how they did it was extremely poor form. Bill was the head coach for 9 years and assistant coach for 4 years. To do that to him after all those years he dedicated his time (and money) was extremely insulting.

My sister talked with him yesterday and he is fine. As you can imagine, his phone is ringing off the hook. His goal is to work as a mentor for high risk youth but hasn't completely dismissed the idea of coaching.

Here's a link to an article in the Seattle Times: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsports/2004005443_resler10.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they did a great injustice to Bill. I wouldn't be surprised if people demonstrate over this.
Love, Mom

9:42 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

this was an amazing story--I watched the film and was so impressed with the work of a coach that is dedicated such as he is...I'll be praying for him and for the outcome!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home